- Crude oil contains over 1,000 chemicals, including harmful carcinogens like benzene.
- Line 3 threatens native culture and livelihoods by crossing Ojibwe territory, where native people have the right to live off the land.
There are 20 wild rice lakes within just one mile of Line 3 where many native people harvest this sacred food. In fact, thanks to pipeline company Enbridge, this type of contamination has already happened to Nottawaseppi people along the Kalamazoo spill site.
- Line 3 will double the flow of the old pipeline it is replacing, up to 370,000 more barrels of oil a day.
- The additional oil transported through Line 3 is the equivalent of the total CO2 daily emissions of 16- 18 million cars, every year the pipeline operates.
- According to the State of MN, Line 3 has an estimated cost to society of $287 billion in climate change related damage over 30 years.
And of course, if you haven't done it already, please also tell your legislators to support the Build Back Batter Act.